Monday, June 15, 2009

Cowboy's Trip 2009

The Cowboy's Trip 2009

On June 5th the family and I left for Disneyland for the Cowboy's trip, a sequel to the Princess trip but this one was for the boy's: Gavin, Willie, and Robbie. This is them.
Also coming was me, my mom, sister, younger brother, his girlfriend, and of course my darling dogs, Belle and Genevieve. 



We arrived late Friday night and pretty much went straight to bed as I was exhausted. On Saturday we got up bright and early and left for the park after breakfast at the hotel.


This is the boys in New Orlean's Square. 


















Willie! On his first ride on Indiana Jones. He was finally tall enough and he loved it.







Saturday evening we went the Celebration Roundup, a delicious family style barbeque. As you can see the boys made a mess














What was funny was Woody LOVED Genevieve! I thought she would flip out but ended up being in love with him. He called every character he could so that they could see Diva do her "shake" paws. He thought it was great and probably spent a good ten to fifteen minutes playing with my little girl. He signed that he loved her and that he would take her. He spent so much time with her he actually lost track of time and had to be called to go up on stage to perform. Woody did eventually get around to seeing the boys. 























































































The boys in front of the all you can eat dessert cupcake stand! It was so good. They had a chocolate/cherry, a velvet/raspberry, and a vanilla/strawberry cupcake. Doesn't that display stand just look awesome? I want one for myself. 
























I asked the boys to make a "Goofy" face in front of the fountain outside Monster's Inc. in DCA. This is what I got. Willie is trying to replicate the face on the map in his hand. What a goofy group of kids!








Willie was such a delight to shop with! He didn't mind me dragging him all over the store. 















The boys outside of the Rainforest Cafe. A.J. snuck into the photo and Gavin and Willie look exhausted. I think they needed food. 








See!

Now they are much happier! Fed, watered, and on their way to Disneyland on the Monorail. 



The boys as they enter Disneyland. We went to Finding Nemo and had a really great cast member make this a great experience for the boys.









This is Gavin as he prepares to take off to Space on Space Mountain. He loved it. 














Genevieve is finally ball and chained. I think she needed it. 





The boys at Cafe Orleans with their pirate hats on. 







We all went out to Pirate's Lair to play. I don't have more pictures of this very interesting trip because my camera battery was starting to die. 










Genevieve is so pretty in this picture. I love the Mark Twain coming up behind her. 


I was so shocked when Gavin knew the name of the Mark Twain. Someone has been paying attention. I know adults who don't know the name of the boat. 






Genevieve on her pile of treasure with her Mickey ears on. Isn't she cute?


 There is a lot of caves on the island and they had to explore each and every one. They stayed on the island for about 2 hours. 

The squinties! It was bright out as we left the island. 

Next, we went on the war canoes. They were very excited and I'm glad I didn't bring my camera because Willie soaked me. There is a very cute photo of the Robbie holding his oar in his huge life vest. I told the boys that if they fell out they would need to swim to the edge and we would circle around and pick them up. ;-D
About a minute into the ride as we started to paddle away from the dock. Gavin announced loudly that "I don't like this ride!" The whole boat laughed. Willie never gave up and diligently paddled away. Robbie and Gavin tried very hard (harder than even some adults) but both had to take breaks. Robbie only stopped when I took the paddle away because he was dragging it in the water and splashing people. I give the boys a lot of credit they all paddled even though I know they were tired. The driver in the back had to yell at the people in the front to row because they, mostly adults, had stopped but the 3, 4, and 5 year old in the back were still paddling. 




We went on Splash Mountain! The boys all loved it. In the picture Joe is in the front, behind him is Willie, me, then Gavin, Roxanne, and guy we don't know. 









This is Gavin chillaxing on the balcony. 



















Is there something wrong with this picture? The kid is outside and the dog is in?

Belle loves her balcony!












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are so cute!!!!