Sunday, July 4, 2010

Disneyland: June 2010

We went to Disneyland for a short weekend trip and it was fairly nice. The weather was gorgeous and had an overall good time. This was my view while I had my drink, waiting for dinner. I had just finished a six hour drive and certainly needed it.
We bought the World of Color dinner seating to see the new show in Disney's California Adventure. I did NOT like how crowded it was. I felt like I was eating on the table next to us. It was pretty much the same meal that I enjoy at Ariel's Grotto but without those annoying princesses. Along with the delicious salad there was a wonderful plate of pretty decorations. Nice of them to do that, huh?
My drink. I love drinks.


We went to see the World of Color after dinner and enjoyed the show, if not the seating.
I have been trying to take some more "artistic" photos but don't think my camera is up to par. The closest I got was this photo of a flower outside the Matterhorn.

We made our first ever dinner trip to the Club and found it pleasant.
To start I had the autumn field greens, sugared beets, and apple vinaigrette. It was okay but nothing above and beyond. After that I had the regional artisan cheese plate. I loved it. On the side was a candied apple side and it was great to mix with the cheese, I could have eaten that alone. I love cheese, apple, and crackers.
My brother and mom ordered the butternut squash bisque, I must say that that was amazing. I really liked it.
My aunt had the free range organic chicken, which I've had before, so I'm sure it was good.
I, in my attempt to eat most of what's on the Club 33 menu, had the prime braised boneless short rib with the sweet potato gratin. I LOVED it, it's my new favorite there! I even ate the decor.
The chateaubriand was good as usual.
All the women at the table had the triple chocolate. The caramel chocolate pudding in the tiny cup was absolutely fabulous! The chocolate ganache on the other end was mediocre, I had had it previously at the World of Color dinner. The molten chocolate cake in the middle was good.
Joey and Bo had the creme brulee. It was good but not as good as mine.
Wei was one of the first dogs to show NO fear of the balcony edging. She walked straight up to the railing and looked down at the tiny people wandering below. I'm not sure this is a good sign.
This was Wei's first trip to the Club and the manager was kind enough to provide her with a "1st Trip" button. I dressed her up with a bow in her hair. The staff was kind enough to bring her a bowl of water, that she kept trying to lay her head in. I think she thought it was a pool. She also truly enjoyed some chateaubriand.
Wei and I out on the balcony.
The Billies were out roaming, providing a free concert.

No comments: